I think about diffusers this way: Oils set the mood and fragrance oil diffusers set the style. But of you are new to essential oil diffusers or the world of essential oils, you might have some questions, and that's OK! I put together this list with the most pressing questions people have around using a fragrance diffuser at home. I hope you enjoy it!
How does an ultrasonic oil diffuser work?
There's a little ceramic disc inside every ultrasonic diffuser. When you fill the tank with water, add an essential oil blend and turn it on, the disc vibrates, creating waves that break the oil into microscopic particles. The diffuser then releases this fine mist of essential oil and water into the air. 🌿 Turning water into vapor typically requires heat, but ultrasonic diffusers achieve the same goal by using vibration.
How to use an Essential Oil Diffuser?
- It's SO easy!
- Choose Location: Pick an open area in a room or office with a solid surface.
- Add Water: Fill your diffuser water tank to the water reservoir's fill line with clean tap water.
- Add fragrance oils: we highly recommend trying essential oils over synthetic fragrances, but both are safe to use with this diffuser. I like adding 5-7 drops, but a lot of people use only 3. It's a personal preference.
- Turn On.
- Enjoy the calming power of scents
How to Clean Your Essential Oil Diffuser?
- Fill your diffuser about halfway with clean water.
- Add 5-10 drops of white vinegar to remove the oils stuck inside the diffuser and glass or plastic pieces.
- Let the diffuser run for 2-5 minutes to allow the mixture to disperse throughout the unit and plastic parts.
- Drain the diffuser completely
- Using a cotton swab dipped in vinegar, clean the diffuser's tight spots and corners to ensure no areas are left dirt.
- Rinse with clean water and wipe the diffuser with a dry towel, and you are ready to go!
**Always make sure your diffuser is unplugged before starting the cleanup**
Can Essential Oil Diffusers damage the furniture?
Generally speaking, when you use essential oils on a diffuser, they won't damage your furniture. This is because the oil particles are too small to cause significant harm.
Be aware that incorrect use of essential oil diffusers and lousy quality diffusers that leak, drip, or even release excessive moisture can damage your furniture. So be careful with the quality and placement of your diffuser to avoid damage.
Can you use fragrance oils in a diffuser?
Yes, you can use fragrance oils in a diffuser. As long as you fill the diffuser with water and use a few drops of the fragrance, it will not harm your diffuser. Essential oils are best because they are natural and have healing benefits, but you can use the diffuser just for the smell.
Can you use a diffuser as a humidifier?
Technically, a diffuser can humidify the air while dispersing fragrance oils. But most diffusers have a tiny water tank, and it's not going to work as a dedicated humidifier.
Can I use an oil diffuser as a humidifier for plants?
Yes! Just keep in mind that most essential oil diffusers will only add a small amount of humidity to the room.
I use my diffuser to humidify my tiny plant collection. They don't need a lot, so it's perfect.
I hope you enjoyed this list, and let me know what other questions you have!
Looking for a new diffusers? Here at From Cleo, we offer beautiful and stylish aroma diffusers that won't break the bank, will make your home smell amazing, and look pretty while doing it.